Yes, Instart will automatically convert JPG and PNG images to the Google WebP format when the requesting browser supports it. Additionally the service will convert JPG and PNG images to the Microsoft JPEG XR format for browsers that support that format. This allows reducing the image data transfer without a visual loss of quality.
Articles in this section
- How do we apply SmartVision to PNGs, since PNG is a lossless format?
- Can Instart accelerate dynamic HTML?
- Does Instart Web Performance support WebP and JPEG XR?
- Does your service provide the ability to resize, crop, and filter images?
- What if I'm only using HTML Streaming and not RUM – do I need the entire Nanovisor library?
- How does the Nanovisor learn?
- How do you tell if the Nanovisor was sent with an HTML page?
- How can you tell if Image Transcoding is being applied to images by the Instart service?
- Are there size limits for image operations?
- Does Image Transcoding convert PNGs to JPG?