This document describes how to collect the necessary data to start investigations into issues you experience when your content is being served by Instart.
When issues are being reported for a website, there are some pieces of information which will allow the Instart support team to narrow down the issue and provide a quick diagnosis. Please open a support ticket and provide as much of the information requested below as possible:
- On which browsers, versions and operating systems is the issue occurring?
- On which part of the site is the problem noticed? It is helpful to get the URLs of pages where the problem exists.
- The domain(s) in question and the location from where the issue is noticed.
- Is the performance issue local to a geography or is it affecting users globally?
- Is the issue reproducible? If so, please provide steps to reproduce the issue.
- Include screenshots to demonstrate the visual impact of the issue, if relevant.
- Let us know what you are using to test with. If you are using a report from an online reporting tool, for example, please provide us with the URL linking to the complete waterfall and report.
- Include a traceroute to your domain so we can see which Instart proxy you are hitting.
- Include the value of the X-Instart-Request-ID response header. This can be displayed from the browser's developer tools. The value of this header contains a unique transaction ID which will allow the support team to quickly identify the associated log entries on the Instart servers. There are several ways to retrieve this header data, depending on the browser type. For more information on how to collect the response header, please see How Use Browser Developer Tools to Collect the X-Instart-Request-ID Header.
- Let us know if you have made any changes to your site recently, including any recent CDN configuration changes.
If you have any questions, please contact us.